Thursday, 19th of October, 2017
Internet Development Terms and Conditions
- As you will provide the actual content of your site, the copyright for this material will be owned by you. However, the
copyright for all code used within your site will remain the property of AFS Computing, excluding any third party applications
used, where the copyright must remain with the original author. We will include a message to this effect in the source code
for each page (which will not be visible in the web browser), and will also include a similar message within the displayed
content, usually in the form of some small print at the bottom of the page.
- If you choose to use any copyrighted material within your site, you will be solely responsible for obtaining a suitable
license to use it and for paying any royalty fees associated with it. The copyright for any such material will always remain
with the original owner.
- Site Ownership
- You will own the completed site, and as such you are free to do whatever you want with it, provided you do not
violate the copyright conditions mentioned above. This means that you are able to move your site to another hosting
company, make further changes yourself, or even get another development company to make further changes. Obviously
we hope that you will return to us if you need any additional development work carried out, but the choice is always
yours. However, the copyright restrictions mean that you (or anyone else for that matter) cannot use any of our code
in any other sites without our permission, nor can you prevent us from re-using it on similar projects in the future.
- Any domain name registered for the site will be owned by you and you will be responsible for paying all renewal
fees. Our Domain Name Registration Terms and Conditions will
- If we provide hosting facilities for your site you will be responsible for paying all renewal fees when they become
due. Failure to do so may result in your account being suspended and your site being unavailable to visitors. Our
Web Hosting Terms and Conditions will also apply.
- Our Portfolio
- We reserve the right to add your site to our online portfolio as an example of our previous work. However, we do not
guarantee that your site will ever be chosen for our portfolio, and if chosen we do not guarantee that it will remain
in our portfolio for any specific period of time.
- Promoting Your Site
- All sites we build are designed to be search engine friendly, and we will submit your completed site to some of the
top search engines. However, we can make no guarantees about your site's ranking in any resulting search listings. Note
that it can take several weeks after submission for the search engines to start listing a site.
- It is up to you to promote your site in any other way. Examples of simple things you can do are:
- Get your site included in relevant online directories
- Include your site's address on all your stationary, letterheads, and business cards
- Include the site's address in all your advertising
- Add the site's address to all your email signatures.
- Refunds for cancellation of web development work is entirely at the discretion of AFS Computing management. It may not
be possible to refund deposits paid for web development if a significant amount of web design is completed before a
cancellation request is received.